Welcome to Rockwood South Middle School! On behalf of our staff, I hope you had a safe and enjoyable summer. We look forward to getting to know you and the unique talents and strengths you will bring to our community.
It is our goal to ensure your successful return or start at RSMS. We are committed to supporting you, challenging you, and ensuring that you are safe each and every day. Please take some time to read the important information that follows; this handbook will serve as a resource to support you throughout our school year.
addition to the valuable information in our handbook, we would like to provide you with the following advice to support your success this school year:
- Try, try, and try again! Middle School is about discovering your unique talents and interests. We learn through exploring new opportunities, using our passions, and even through making mistakes. This mindset is important within the RSMS community.
- Ask questions: asking questions is the best way to learn at a deeper level. It is also the best way to connection with others. So whether you are intrigued by a concept, confused, lost, or simply interested in getting to know someone better, don't hesitate to ask!
- Manage your time. Middle School is a time in your life when you will gain more responsibilities. Make sure you have what you need to be prepared each day.
- Make a Difference. It is important for you to work respectfully with your classmates and teachers to support your learning and to make an impact upon our community.
- Use your voice and get involved: Rockwood South Middle School has many clubs, activities, and events; we need your leadership!
- Falcon Proud. Take care of our school community and one another in a way that exemplifies the pride we have in being Falcons!
We are excited to learn with you. This will be the best year yet!
Dr. Laurie Birkenmeier Principal